Have you ever turned to music for comfort when you feel down or to lift you up in happy times?
Music has an effect on us all. Scientists have only recently been able to quantify and explain how music affects our emotions. The research into the connections between melody and the brain has shown that music can actually alter the way our brains and bodies function.
It appears that music therapy, despite being a well-established practice, has a healing power over the body and the spirit. Music therapy has been a popular method of relieving anxiety, stress and pain for many years. Music has been suggested as a positive aid to emotional and mood changes.
Michael DeBakey was the first surgeon to successfully insert an artificial heart in 1966. He is known for saying that “Creating and performing musical music promotes self expression and self-gratification, while also giving pleasure to others.” There are increasing numbers of published reports that music can have a healing effect on patients in medicine.
Music therapy is now believed to improve patients’ moods and speed up their recovery. Medical experts across the country are now using the latest findings about music’s effect on the brain to treat patients.
Michael Thaut, a researcher, and his team described how stroke victims, cerebral palsy, and Parkinson’s patients who had music therapy took larger, more balanced strides compared to those who did not have music therapy.
Researchers have also found that the sound of drums can influence how our bodies function. In a 2001 USA Today article, Suzanne Hasner, the chairwoman of Berklee College of Music’s music therapy department, said that even people with dementia or head injuries can still have musical abilities.
This article reports on the results of an experiment where researchers from the Mind-Body Wellness Center, Meadville (Pa.) tracked 111 patients with cancer who played drums for 30 mins per day. Many of the patients had stronger immune systems and higher levels of cancer-fighting cell.
Hasner states, “Rehearsed music is deeply embedded in our long-term memories.” It is processed in the emotional brain part, the amygdala. This is where you will find the music that was played at your wedding, your first love’s music, and your first dance. Even for people with advanced diseases, such things are still possible to be remembered. It could be a window, a means to reach them
According to the American Music Therapy Organization, music therapy can allow for “emotional intimacy between families and caregivers, relaxation and meaningful time together in a positive and creative way.”
Scientists are making great strides in understanding why music has this effect. Robert Zatorre and Anne Blood, both from McGill University in Montreal, used PET scans to determine if certain brain structures were affected by music Fakaza.
Blood and Zatorre surveyed 10 musicians (five men and five ladies) to select stirring music for their study. After listening to the four audio stimuli, they were given PET scans. Each sequence was repeated three more times in an unrelated order.
It is important to provide a wide variety of food for your family and friends if you want them to enjoy your home. It’s impossible to guarantee that everyone will love your delicious roasted chicken and pork. Friends who are vegetarians will not eat meat or other vegetable-based foods should be expected to come to your house. You must have a variety of quick and easy vegetarian recipes in your collection to achieve this objective.
Even if you don’t eat vegetarians, this might seem like a difficult task to deal with. This is a mistake. There are many options to create simple, delicious treats that your vegetarian friends can enjoy. The greatest thing about this is that you have thought about their preferences and actually implemented something. It’s not fair to force them to choose what they like when they go to other houses. However, you don’t want them starving themselves in your home because you didn’t make a meal.
These are some quick solutions that you can use when faced with such a situation.
1. It is possible to make salads in minutes. Make sure to choose the freshest vegetable you can find at this recipe. Blanch them until they reach crispiness, and then place them on a plate ready to be served. You should always have several dressings on hand that you can use to make this dish. For those who prefer vinegars on their salads, you should also keep vinegars in stock.
2. It is possible to have your vegetable prepared ahead of time for your invited guests. Stock them around the freezer to make it easier for guests to find them. You can also make vegetable soup and keep it in the freezer until the event. Your efforts will go a long way, especially for vegetarian guests.
3. Tofu can be used in high-quality recipes that call for meat. You should make sure to buy fresh and different types of tofu so that your recipes will be delicious. Restaurants can make this so convincing that you will not be able to tell that it is tofu and not real meat. You can order this type of food for all, even non-vegetarians, if your ability to do so will allow you to design the way.
4. Fruits can be served as desserts or snacks. It is healthy, and it will be loved by nearly everyone. These are going to be loved by children and adults alike. You can easily go home by just slicing any fruits you have. You can also combine them, make fruit salads and give them a shot on juices.
5. White potatoes are also a must in your stock. These are great options. You could boil the potatoes and drizzle tomato sauce over them if time is short. Before you begin, wash the white potatoes. To get rid of all the dirt, you can also use a toothbrush. If you have the time and patience, you can mash or bake them.
That’s it for quick, easy vegetarian quality recipes.